Welcome to the 2020 Pass the SALT Call for Papers Submission website!
Pass the SALT
Pass the SALT (Security And Libre Talks) is a technical conference about Free Software/Hardware (but also Open Formats/Protocols) and Security
Hackers from many Security and Free Software fields coming to exchange knowledge and cooperate
- Want to see?
You can find memories of the 2 first editions
on our archives web site
Typical people submitting to our CFP are:
- contributors to Free Software/Hardware Security Projects,
- researchers who found vulnerabilities in a Free Sw/Hw project,
- hackers who have studied the security model of a Free Sw/Hw project or of an open protocol,
- people who have used a Security Free Software in their company or at home and share with us their experience.
See our last edition list of the speakers
You do not recognize yourself into these descriptions? You think you are too shy? You have doubt about you, your idea or anything else? PLEASE, GO ON.
Just drop any question
you may have (eg "I have this talk idea but I am not sure ...") to email@example.com
and we will give our feedback. You and your questions are definitively welcome!
We definitively want to have submissions from multiple security fields
because we wish this conference to ease and improve interactions between various Security and Free Software communities.
This year, we would like to cover at least:
- privacy software and issues,
- offensive software and usages,
- hacking tools/software
But all usual security topics are of course welcome.
To illustrate, the 2019 edition of Pass the SALT hosted 7 different sessions
covering a large part of the security landscape.
And, obviously, if you have a brilliant and/or “strange” idea, just SUBMIT !
speaking about (Free Software/Hardware OR Open Standard/Protocol) AND Security :-)
The different Talks Formats & the Timeline
You can propose:
- a long talk (35min - questions/answers included),
- a short talk (20min - questions/answers included),
- or a workshop (Common duration: 3 hours. Can be set to a value that suits you better during the submission creation process).
The language : all the talks will be given in English
in order to share the conference with non French speaking speakers in the most comfortable manner.
The important dates are :
- Submission deadline: March 31st, 2020 at 23:59 CEST
- Speakers notification: April 15th, 2020
- Program publication : at the beginning of May, 2020
Submit in 3 actions :
- Create an account by following the "Create an account" link at the bottom of this page or Sign-in if you already have an account on the CFP platform from previous editions,
- Click on the "New Submission" link after the completion of the account creation in order to create a new talk/workshop proposal ,
- Complete the form. The submission can stay in draft mode as long as you want, while the CFP deadlines are not reached.
Paper : you can submit a PDF paper but it is not mandatory. A detailed description is also OK for us.
Important: when you are ready to submit your proposal to review, check the option "Ready to review" and save the proposal.
It is very important for us that the speakers feel comfortable for coming and attending : they usually don’t know the event (and so its attendees), the city and even sometimes the country.
Our goal is to make possible for all lecturers to come in confidence, get rid of most of their practical questions to be able to take advantage of the event
in the most open way.
In order to achieve this goal, we provide:
- a speakers dinner: during the event, we also set up a speakers’ dinner. The goal is to provide them yet another opportunity to get to know each other better, exchange and let ideas “pollinate” :-)
- a dedicated private mailing list on which we provide complete information (how to come, to find accommodations, to do their talk, to contact us, to be reimbursed etc.),
- a full contact list and a fast feedback loop: in order to be able to get in touch and have answers quickly from the org team,
Pass the SALT is a community and volunteers handled, free access event with quite a low budget. So we try to support financially first the speakers with low resources such as students. We only support flight/train costs, not accommodation.
We kindly ask speakers companies (if any) for taking in charge flight and accommodations costs as much as possible. And, of course, we try to do our best for taking in charge most speakers asking for it.
Just send your questions to firstname.lastname@example.org
Welcome to the Security And Libre Talks (2020 Pass the SALT CFP) submissions site. For general conference information, see https://2020.pass-the-salt.org/
Sign in to submit or review papers.
Submissions: The site is not open for submissions at the moment.