Welcome to the 2020 Pass the SALT Call for Papers Submission website!
Pass the SALT
Pass the SALT (Security And Libre Talks) is a technical conference about Free Software/Hardware (but also Open Formats/Protocols) and Security
SPECIAL 2020 EDITION:
due to COVID19 outbreak, we will go VIRTUAL under a webinar format.
Hackers from many Security and Free Software fields coming to exchange knowledge and cooperate
- Want to see?
You can find memories of the 2 first editions
on our archives web site
Typical people submitting to our CFP are:
- contributors to Free Software/Hardware Security Projects,
- researchers who found vulnerabilities in a Free Sw/Hw project,
- hackers who have studied the security model of a Free Sw/Hw project or of an open protocol,
- people who have used a Security Free Software in their company or at home and share with us their experience.
See our last edition list of the speakers
You do not recognize yourself into these descriptions? You think you are too shy? You have doubt about you, your idea or anything else? PLEASE, GO ON.
Just drop any question
you may have (eg "I have this talk idea but I am not sure ...") to firstname.lastname@example.org
and we will give our feedback. You and your questions are definitively welcome!
We definitively want to have submissions from multiple security fields
because we wish this conference to ease and improve interactions between various Security and Free Software communities.
This year, we would like to cover at least:
- privacy software and issues,
- offensive software and usages,
- hacking tools/software
But all usual security topics are of course welcome.
To illustrate, the 2019 edition of Pass the SALT hosted 7 different sessions
covering a large part of the security landscape.
And, obviously, if you have a brilliant and/or “strange” idea, just SUBMIT !
speaking about (Free Software/Hardware OR Open Standard/Protocol) AND Security :-)
The different Talks Formats & the Timeline
You can propose:
- a long talk (35min - questions/answers included),
- a short talk (20min - questions/answers included),
- NO WORKSHOP for this 2020 virtual edition. Sorry for that.
The language : all the talks will be given in English
in order to share the conference with non French speaking speakers in the most comfortable manner.
The important dates are :
- Submission deadline: April 30, 2020 at 23:59 CEST
- Speakers notification: May 15th, 2020
- Program publication : second half of May, 2020
Submit in 3 actions :
- Create an account by following the "Create an account" link at the bottom of this page or Sign-in if you already have an account on the CFP platform from previous editions,
- Click on the "New Submission" link after the completion of the account creation in order to create a new talk/workshop proposal ,
- Complete the form. The submission can stay in draft mode as long as you want, while the CFP deadlines are not reached.
Paper : you can submit a PDF paper but it is not mandatory. A detailed description is also OK for us.
Important: when you are ready to submit your proposal to review, check the option "Ready to review" and save the proposal.
Our goal is to make possible for all lecturers to come in confidence, get rid of most of their practical questions to be able to take advantage of the event
in the most open way.
In order to achieve this goal, we provide:
- a practical support for webinar format: due to the fact 2020 edition will be done under a webinar format, we will make our best to give you full assistance about the technical solution we will use for the conference :-)
- a dedicated private mailing list on which we provide complete information (how to come, to find accommodations, to do their talk, to contact us, to be reimbursed etc.),
- a full contact list and a fast feedback loop: in order to be able to get in touch and have answers quickly from the org team,
Just send your questions to email@example.com
Welcome to the Security And Libre Talks (2020 Pass the SALT CFP) submissions site. For general conference information, see https://2020.pass-the-salt.org/
Sign in to submit or review papers.
Submissions: The deadline for registering submissions has passed.