Call for Papers
Pass the SALT
What? Pass the SALT (Security And Libre Talks) is a technical conference about Free Software/Hardware (but also Open Formats/Protocols) and Security.
Why? Hackers from many Security and Free Software fields coming to exchange knowledge and cooperate.
Want to see? You can find memories of the past editions on our archives web site.
SPECIAL 2021 EDITION: we currently plan this edition to be held in real in Lille, France but due to COVID19 outbreak evolution, we will take our final decision in late May/early June, 2021 to see if we finally go online under a webinar format like in 2020.
Typical people submitting to our CFP are:
- contributors to Free Software/Hardware Security Projects,
- researchers who found vulnerabilities in a Free Sw/Hw project,
- hackers who have studied the security model of a Free Sw/Hw project or of an open protocol,
- people who have used a Security Free Software in their company or at home and share with us their experience.
See our last editions list of the speakers.
You do not recognize yourself into these descriptions? You think you are too shy? You have doubt about you, your idea or anything else?
PLEASE, GO ON.
Just drop any question you may have (eg "I have this talk idea but I am not sure ...") to email@example.com and we will give our feedback. You and your questions are definitively welcome!
We definitively want to have submissions from multiple security fields because we wish this conference to ease and improve interactions between various Security and Free Software communities.
All usual security topics are of course welcome with among others:
- privacy software and issues,
- offensive software and usages,
- hacking tools/software,
- defensive and threat intel tools and researchs.
To illustrate, the 2020 edition of Pass the SALT hosted 6 different sessions covering a large part of the security landscape.
And, obviously, if you have a brilliant and/or “strange” idea, just SUBMIT !
Single requirement: speaking about (Free Software/Hardware OR Open Standard/Protocol) AND Security :-)
The different Talks Formats & the Timeline
You can propose:
- a long talk (35min - questions/answers included),
- a short talk (20min - questions/answers included),
- Workshops (3 hours) - Note : if PTS2021 finally go virtual, the workshops will be cancelled. Sorry for that :-(
The language: all the talks will be given in English in order to share the conference with non French speaking speakers in the most comfortable manner.
The important dates are :
- Submission deadline: April 30, 2021 at 23:59 CEST
- Speakers notification: May 15th, 2021
- Program publication : second half of May, 2021
Our goal is to make possible for all lecturers to come in confidence, get rid of most of their practical questions to be able to take advantage of the event in the most open way.
In order to achieve this goal, we provide:
- a dedicated private mailing list on which we provide complete information (how to come, to find accommodations, to do their talk, to contact us, to be reimbursed etc.),
- a full contact list and a fast feedback loop: in order to be able to get in touch and have answers quickly from the org team.
- IN CASE OF VIRTUAL EDITION a practical support for webinar format: as in 2020, we will give you full assistance about the technical solution we will use for the conference (Zoom in 2020, will see in 2021 if we go virtual) :-)
Just send your questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can enter proposals until 2021-04-30 23:59 (Europe/Paris), 2 months from now.